The Advanced–>Update Software page allows you to update the configuration and the firmware of your jetNEXUS ALB-X.
The page is organised into the section below.
Download or save a configuration file
- 1.To download the current configuration of the jetNEXUS ALB-X simply press the Click Here icon.
- 2.A pop-up will appear asking you to open or save the .conf file.
- 3.Save to a convenient location.
- 4.You can open this with any text editor such as Notepad.
Upload a new configuration from a saved .conf file
- 1.You may upload a saved configuration file by browsing for the saved .conf file.
- 2.Click Upload.
- 3.The jetNEXUS ALB-X will apply the config and refresh the browser. If it does not, please click refresh.
- 4.You will be redirected to the Dashboard page upon completion.
Upload a new jetPACK
- 1.A jetPACK is a set of updates to the existing configuration.
- 2.A jetPACK can be as small as changing the TCPTimeout value to a complete application specific deployment such as Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Lync.
- 3.You can obtain a jetPACK from email@example.com.
- 4.Browse for the jetPACK.txt file.
- 5.Click upload.
- 6.The browser will refresh automatically after upload.
- 7.You will be redirected to the Dashboard page upon completion. This may take longer for more complex deployments such as Lync.
Upgrade the jetNEXUS ALB-X software
- 1.If your current software version is Build 1510 or above you can upgrade using the method below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are running a software version below Build 1510.
- 2.You can obtain the latest update version from our FTP server HERE or our DropBox HERE. The file will be in the format ALB-X-Update-32.tar.gz.keyed.
- 3.Browse for the update file. Do not try to alter this file.
- 4.Click Upload.
- 5.The jetNEXUS ALB-X will upload the file and continue to work as normal whilst uploading.
- 6.Once the file has been uploaded the jetNEXUS ALB-X will reboot to apply the software update.
- 7.This should take around 5 minutes. Your services will be inaccessible until the software has been applied.
Revert to a previous jetNEXUS ALB-X software version
- 1.You can revert to a previous version of software.
- 2.Browse for the file. Please email email@example.com if you don’t have a previous version of software.
- 3.Click upload.
- 4.The jetNEXUS ALB-X will upload the file and continue to work as normal whilst uploading.
- 5.Once the file has been uploaded the jetNEXUS ALB-X will reboot to apply the software update.
- 6.This should take around 5 minutes. Your services will be inaccessible until the software has been applied.